The Realm of Edrae

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Journey to a world of wonder, where great evil lurks just below the surface.

2 posters

How to properly use this forum.

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

How to properly use this forum. Empty How to properly use this forum.

Post  Admin Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:27 pm

This forum will be used for roleplay strictly between players for when I'm not around, or when players are waiting for someone to post in the campaign. Such roleplay will have no noticeable effect on the main storyline, only your character. You will not be awarded XP.

I feel this will come in handy when the group is finally together and a post order is required, which may slow the campaign somewhat.

Types of roleplay appropriate for this forum:
    • Friendly spars between players.
    • Conversing between players (such as sitting around in camp, telling stories).
    • Purchasing items from pre-established vendors, with default prices (unless you've met this vendor in the campaign and have a discount, for instance).
    • General roleplaying.

Rules:
    • You may make your own NPCs, but they should have little to no effect on the campaign. For example, a wandering beggar who asks for change? That's fine. How about a main NPC's evil twin brother that nobody knew about? NO.
    • Vendors must be pre-established with pre-established prices. No claiming you found a passing merchant who sold you a +5 composite crossbow without me saying he's carrying it first.
    • You cannot make enemies or control them. Neutral NPCs are fine as stated earlier, but they should never resort to combat no matter what.
    • All roleplay here must be done during campaign downtime. For instance, let's say in the campaign I tell you that your characters have rested for the night. You may use this forum to roleplay out what happened that night. You can go back to any "downtime," though take note of any changes of your character since then (like if you've leveled, gained new items, etc).

When in doubt, use your best judgement. I'll be monitoring all the threads here whenever I can, and I reserve the right to retcon anything that steps into DM territory.

Have fun.
    Corsario
    Corsario

How to properly use this forum. Empty Uses for the forum

Post  Corsario Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:14 pm

Admin wrote:Types of roleplay appropriate for this forum:
    • Friendly spars between players.

I was thinking more in other type of interaction between characters... quite the oposite of a spar Wink

Last edited by Corsario on Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixing the list tag)
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

How to properly use this forum. Empty Re: How to properly use this forum.

Post  Admin Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:29 pm

Romance? Blergh.

Keep it to PMs!
    Corsario
    Corsario

How to properly use this forum. Empty Heartbreak

Post  Corsario Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:35 pm

Admin wrote:Romance? Blergh.

Keep it to PMs!

Am I hearing Heartbreak? Smile

No need to cut our wings, oh Master our Master!

Sponsored content

How to properly use this forum. Empty Re: How to properly use this forum.

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:01 am