The Realm of Edrae

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Journey to a world of wonder, where great evil lurks just below the surface.

3 posters

Hymn to Adaria.

Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Hymn to Adaria. Empty Hymn to Adaria.

Post  Cold Steel Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:31 pm

"Seed and source of life and light,

Goal of all our living:

You defend us from the night,

Healing and forgiving.

As our life flows from you only,

Let it be both pure and holy."
    Corsario
    Corsario

Hymn to Adaria. Empty Very nice

Post  Corsario Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:48 pm

I like it!
    Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Hymn to Adaria. Empty Re: Hymn to Adaria.

Post  Cold Steel Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:30 pm

Corsario wrote:I like it!

Thanks. I try to do my part. The descriptions of the gods of Edrae are somewhat scant to say the least. (No favored weapons, what the holy symbols the disciples use, the color of the clergy etc.) So i added a few things without being a god mod. (i hope not to supersede anything the DM has created, so far i think i didn't do so) I needed something for my cleric to fall back on when rping what is exactly a cleric of the goddess of healing. light and life is supposed to do.

Sure, its a ice breaker at parties to say "Hey i worship the god of light!" but what happens when a farmer who just lost a loved one from a wagon accident comes to you in need of spiritual guidance? Just saying to the poor sap "Light is good." is not enough.

I look to the gods Pelor (from the PHB and the core beliefs of greyhawk articles in Dragon magazine), Sarenrae (from Pathfinder) and Elishar (from Deities and Demigods, 3.0 edition) as inspirations just to fill in some of the gaps of the Adarian religion. I use the likeness of a young woman as Karina's holy symbol (from the info on Adaria in the general information forum)which was loosely based on Sarenrae's own symbol.

Admin, let me know if i am doing anything wrong and i'll gladly erase the post.

actual holy symbol used by the Disciples: Hymn to Adaria. P4

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:46 pm

No worries. I like what you've done with my vague deity description.

Keep in mind that I made the deities over the course of like twenty minutes, and the campaign world itself in less than an hour. Sure, there's a lot of fleshing out to do, and it's pretty vague at the moment, but I'm fine with players expanding on the setting so long as it's run by me first.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 10:48 pm